Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives Album
Performer [Sabali] – Amadou & MariamWritten-By [Sabali] – Damon Albarn, Marc Antoine Marou, Maryam Doumbia
Backing Vocals – Roselyn Williams, Rovleta FraserProgrammed By – Damian Marley
|3||Land Of Promise|
Featuring, Backing Vocals, Written-By [Promised Land], Performer [Promised Land] – Dennis BrownPerformer [The Promised Land] – Dennis BrownProgrammed By – Damian MarleyWritten-By [The Promised Land] – Dennis Emmanuel Brown
|4||Africa Must Wake Up|
Featuring – K'NaanViolin – Ann Marie Calhoun
|5||In His Own Words|
Backing Vocals – Betty WrightFeaturing, Programmed By – Stephen Marley
Backing Vocals – L.A.'s Best Sunny Brae Choir, Oakwood School 5th Grade ChoirDirected By – Lisa ParadeFeaturing – Lil WayneFeaturing [Uncredited] – Joss StonePerformer [Generation] – Ziggy MarleyProgrammed By – Damian MarleyWritten-By [Generation] – David Nesta Marley
Backing Vocals – Roselyn Williams, Rovleta FraserBrass – Daniel Chappell, Funji LegohnProgrammed By – Damian Marley
|8||As We Enter|
Backing Vocals – Andre "Illestr8" Forrest, Chad Blaize, Damian Marley, Jah Amen Mobley, Kreiger Bailey, Leon Mobley, Phillip "Winter" James, Rahsaan Alexander, Raymond Onyai, Shiah CooreProgrammed By – Damian MarleyWritten-By [Yegelle Tezeta], Performer [Yegelle Tezeta] – Mulatu Astatke
Backing Vocals – Noelle ScaggsPerformer [Kurikute] – Sara ChavesProgrammed By – Damian MarleyWritten-By [Kurikute] – Tonito
Featuring – Stephen Marley
|11||Count Your Blessings||4:24|
|12||Strong Will Continue|
Backing Vocals – Noelle ScagsProgrammed By – Damian Marley
|13||Tribes At War|
Backing Vocals – Josef Powell, Oren Waters, Will WheatonFeaturing – K'NaanHandclaps [Live Hand Claps] – Andre "Illestr8" Forrest, Courtney Diedrick, Damian Marley, Phillip "Winter" James, Shiah CooreWritten-By [Tribal War] – Earl Lowe
|B0014136-02||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (CD, Album, Gat)||Ghetto Youths United, Def Jam Recordings, Universal Republic Records||B0014136-02||US||2010|
|2741176||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (CD, Album)||Def Jam Recordings||2741176||Australia||2010|
|GY0060, none||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (2xLP, Album)||Ghetto Youths United, Def Jam Recordings, Universal Republic Records||GY0060, none||US||2010|
|JGONGLP002||Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley||Nas & Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley - Distant Relatives (LP, Album, Whi)||Not On Label (Nas), Not On Label (Damian Marley)||JGONGLP002||UK||2010|
|UICT-1056||Nas & Damian Marley||Nas & Damian Marley - Distant Relatives (CD, Album)||Universal Republic Records||UICT-1056||Japan||2010|
- A&R [Emagen Entertainment Group] – Gabriel Zardes
- A&R [Ghetto Youths International] – Jason Chantrelle
- Administrator [A&R Administration] – Mike Lanza, Red Light Management
- Art Direction [Art Consultation] – Neville Garrick
- Art Direction, Design – Nesta Garrick
- Bass – Christopher Merridth (tracks: 4), Paul Fakhourie (tracks: 8, 11), Shiah Coore (tracks: 3, 5 to 7, 12, 13)
- Booking [Booking Agency] – Brian Cohen , Brian Edelman, Cara Lewis, David Levy , John Marx, Tony Goldring, William Morris Endeavor Entertainment
- Cello – Miles Tackett (tracks: 3, 7)
- Drums – Courtney Diedrick (tracks: 3, 5 to 7, 13), Shiah Coore (tracks: 1, 2), Wilburn "Squiddly" Cole (tracks: 4)
- Executive-Producer – Damian Marley, Nasir Jones
- Guitar – Andrea Carter (tracks: 12), George Pajon Jr. (tracks: 12, 13), Luke Aiono (tracks: 12), Ronnoy Gordon (tracks: 9)
- Keyboards – Christopher Merridth (tracks: 4), Llamar Brown (tracks: 9), Mike Rowe (tracks: 7, 13), Paul Fakhourie (tracks: 11), Phillip "Winter" James (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 10, 12, 13), Sean Diedrick (tracks: 12), Stephen Marley (tracks: 11), Wilburn "Squiddly" Cole (tracks: 4)
- Legal [Legal Services For Damian Marley] – King, Holmes, Paterno & Berliner LLP, Michelle Jubelirer, Peter Paterno
- Legal [Legal Services For Nas] – Ed Shapiro, Grubman Indursky & Shire P.C., Kenny Meiselas
- Management [Business Management For Damian Marley] – David Weise, David Weise & Associates, Inc.
- Management [Business Management For Nas] – Debra Whelan Johnson, Providant Financial
- Management [Management For Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley] – Dan Dalton , Red Light Management
- Management [Management For Nas] – A. Saleh
- Management [Sample Clearance] – Alien Music Services, Danny Zook
- Mastered By – Chris Athens
- Mixed By – James "Bonzai" Caruso
- Mixed By [Assisted] – Benjamin Reid (tracks: 1, 3), Charles Wakeman (tracks: 10, 12, 13), Eric "Twizted" Young (tracks: 1, 3 to 5, 7, 8, 11 to 13), Steve Nowa (tracks: 6, 9)
- Percussion – Leon Mobley (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 7, 13), Wilburn "Squiddly" Cole (tracks: 4)
- Photography By – B+, Nabil Elderkin, Neville Garrick
- Producer – Damien "Jr. Gong" Marley (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 8, 10, 12), Stephen Marley (tracks: 4, 11)
- Public Relations [Publicity] – Carleen Donovan, Press Here Publicity
- Recorded By – Andrew Green (tracks: 11), Benjamin Reid (tracks: 7), Casey Lewis (tracks: 9, 13), Charles Wakeman (tracks: 5, 8, 9 to 12), George Massa (tracks: 9, 11), Josh Newell (tracks: 9, 13), Marc Lee (tracks: 1 to 5, 7 to 9, 11 to 13), Tim Harkins (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7, 10 to 13), Vernon Mungo (tracks: 10)
- Recorded By [Assisted] – Bobby Newland (tracks: 10), Greg DePante (tracks: 1 to 3, 7, 10 to 12), James Rudder (tracks: 1 to 3, 7, 10 to 12), Jose Quintero (tracks: 10), Miguel Bermudez (tracks: 7)
- Written-By – Amadou Bagayoko (tracks: 11), Damian Marley, Dennis Brown (tracks: 8), Dwayne Carter (tracks: 12), Keinan Warsame (tracks: 2, 13), Mariam Doumbia (tracks: 11), Nasir Jones, Stephen Marley (tracks: 4, 9)
Track #1 contains elements of the recording "Yegelie Tezeta" by Mulatu Astatke.
Track #2 contains elements of the composition "Tribal War" written by Earl Lowe.
Track #8 contains elements of the composition and the recording "Promised Land' by Dennis Brown.
Track #10 contains elements of the recording "Kurikute" by Sara Chaves.
Track #11 contains elements of the recording "Sabali" by Amadou & Mariam.
Track #12 contains elements of the recording "Generation" by Ziggy Marley.
℗© 2010 Universal Republic Records, a Division of UMG Recordings, Inc.
Made in the EU.
- Barcode (Text): 6 02527 41176 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 602527411767
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 to 4): 06025 274 117-6 02 ✱ 52539999
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): 06025 274 117-6 02 ✱ 52539999 MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC Q
- Matrix / Runout (x4 logo, variant 5): UNIVERSAL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 6): Sony DADC Universal 2741176 13 A00
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1 to 5): IFPI LV26
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI L553
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0117
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0128
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 0157
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 0130
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI 0148
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI 942L
- Record Company – UMG Recordings, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Universal Republic Records
- Copyright (c) – Universal Republic Records
- Licensed From – Buda Musique
- Licensed From – VP Records
- Licensed From – Screen Edge
- Licensed From – Kussu Productions
- Licensed From – Nonesuch Records
- Licensed From – Because Music
- Licensed From – Rhino Entertainment Company
- Licensed From – Warner Music Group
- Pressed By – EDC, Germany – 52539999
- Published By – Biddah Muzik, Inc.
- Published By – NasSun Knight Inc.
- Published By – Universal Music-MGB Songs
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing
- Published By – CRC Editions
- Published By – Ellipsis Music Corporation
- Published By – Gain Weight Inc.
- Published By – Dubsmuggla Music
- Published By – Yardcoore Music
- Published By – Lalibela Music
- Published By – Bamdrums
- Published By – Sony/ATV Music Publishing Canada
- Published By – OctoScope Publishing
- Published By – Westbury Music Ltd.
- Published By – Roynet Music
- Published By – ZNS Publishing
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing
- Published By – Musical Illestr8ions
- Published By – Greensleeves Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Ezra'sshare
- Published By – Murder Riddims Publishing
- Published By – African Music Publishers
- Published By – Kussu Productions
- Published By – Sony/ATV Tunes LLC
- Published By – Sony/ATV Music Publishing France
- Published By – Reva Sons
- Published By – Because Editions
- Published By – Blue Mountain Music Ltd.
- Published By – Irish Town Songs
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Published By – Chrysalis Songs
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Young Money Publishing, Inc.
- Published By – Ishti Music
- Recorded At – Henson Recording Studios
- Recorded At – The Hit Factory Criteria
- Recorded At – Lion's Den Studios
- Recorded At – Circle House Studios
- Recorded At – Setai Recording Studios
- Recorded At – NRG Studios
- Recorded At – DARP Studios
- Mixed At – Circle House Studios
- Mixed At – The Hit Factory Criteria
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
Distant Relatives - Damian Marley, Nas. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей. Distant Relatives is a collaborative studio album by American rapper Nas and Jamaican reggae artist Damian Marley. Production for the album took place between 2008 and 2010 and was handled primarily by Damian Marley Relatives is a collaborative studio album by American rapper Nas and Jamaican reggae vocalist Damian Marley. It was released on May 18, 2010, by Universal Republic and Def Jam Recordings. The album is Nas' 10th and Marley's fourth studio album, respectively. Distant Relatives was recorded between 2008 and 2010, being produced primarily by Damien and Stephen Marley. Fusing musical elements of hip hop and reggae, it features lyrical themes concerning ancestry, poverty, and the plight of Africa. Distant Relatives is a collaborative studio album by American rapper Nas and Jamaican reggae artist Damian Marley, released May 18, 2010 on Universal Republic and Def Jam Recordings. Distant Relatives Q&A. Copyright Universal Republic Records. Phonographic Copyright Universal Republic Records. Label Universal Republic Records. Primary Artists Damian Marley & Nas. The Nas and Damian Marley collaboration Distant Relatives came together as a way to earn money for schools in Africa, but before any corny charity album misconceptions get in the way, know that this is one purposeful monster and a conceptional bull's eye that fully supports its title. Actually, it all comes together in the albums first few seconds as Marley and Nas loop a sample of Ethiopian jazzman Mulatu Astatke for As We Enter s effective and infectious beat. Nas and Damian Marley are a formidable pairing, seemingly on the same level throughout most of the album in thought and overall presence. Distant Relatives is an important reminder that we are all one together, no matter how different the background, and thus proving Nas and Marleys hypothesis that even though they are hardly similar, they can join to create fantastic music, even if it's a track or two too many. Granted, they completed this album in a relatively short time, it begs the question how much they could grow if they worked with each other on future albums. At that point, the. Distant Relatives is a collaborative studio album by Nas and Jamaican Reggae vocalist Damian Marley, the legendary Bob Marley's youngest son. Distant Relatives is a seamless fusion of Hip Hop, Reggae, Dancehall, and African musical elements, with uplifting afro-centric vocals about freedom, family, spirituality, and ancestry. At 65 minutes, Distant Relatives offers both quantity and quality - all killer, no filler. Distant Relatives is aging really well and sounds as timely and timeless. read more. 6mo. It features guest appearances by K'n. Summary: The African-themed album brings Nas and reggae singer Damien Marley the youngest son of Bob Marley together. It features guest appearances by K'naan, Lil Wayne, Joss Stone, Dennis Brown, and Damien's brother Steven Marley, who also produced the release. Record Label: Republic. Genres: Rap, Reggae. Album 2010 14 Songs. Gong Marley & Nas. 2: item:Distant Relatives by Nas Audio CD . Temporarily out of stock. Ships from and sold by . The sound of Distant Relatives features live musicians as well as studio production by Damian Marley and his elder brother Stephen Marley, a distinguished award-winning artist and producer in his own right. Featured artists on the album connect other diasporic dots- New Orleans' own Lil Wayne as well as the critically acclaimed Somali-born, Canadian-raised MC K'NAAN. I didn't want it to sound like something that would be typical of me, neither typical of Nas, said Damian Marley, who produced much of the album
Massive Attack - HeligolandAgainst All Logic - 2012–2017Raime - Notion 2 NotionSoul Reductions - Got 2 Be LovedSky Sailing - An Airplane Carried Me To BedFlamingosis - Pleasure PaletteShades Of Rhythm - The Sound Of Eden (Every Time I See Her)The Prodigy - What Evil LurksRun The Jewels - Run The Jewels 2Dead Kennedys - Live... The Old Waldorf 1979Manuel Göttsching - E2-E4Tool - ÆnimaKraftwerk - Tour De France SoundtracksMew - And The Glass Handed KitesBeastie Boys - Licensed To IllMuse - ShowbizSylvester - I Need You (Tom Moulton Mix)Danny Red / Idren Natural, Jamma Dim, Forward Fever - Rasta We Rasta / Rasta RightsTerrorizer - World DownfallBowery Electric - BeatLes Joyaux De La Princesse - Aux Morts De La Guerre!R-Zac / Curley - UntitledJune Evans - June EvansALEX & Tokyo Rose - Akumamúm - Finally We Are No OneDecadance - On And On (Fears Keep On)Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A ButterflyVarious - Santa Sends His BestHope Sandoval And The Warm Inventions - Until The HunterMark System - Final ApproachHead High - MegatrapThe Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're GoneBeck - GueroVarious - Jazz Dispensary: Cosmic StashRhythm Section - Comin' On Strong EPLil Ugly Mane - Mista Thug IsolationMacklemore & Ryan Lewis - The HeistNelly Furtado - The RideEd Rush + Optical - Watermelon / Sick NoteBad Religion - Bad ReligionThe Reflektors - ReflektorChicano Batman - Freedom Is Free공중도둑 - 무너지기Metallica - ...And Justice For AllPhoebe Bridgers - Stranger In The AlpsCoil / Nine Inch Nails - RecoiledGoGo Penguin - A Humdrum StarVarious - Music From Baz Luhrmann's Film The Great GatsbyJamie Principle - Your LovePrince - His Majesty's Pop Life / The Purple Mix ClubWeen - God Ween Satan - The OnenessH.S. - A Verdigris ReaderStan Getz / Joao Gilberto Featuring Antonio Carlos Jobim - Getz / GilbertoDonna Summer - I Feel Love (Special New Version) (15 Min Remix By Patrick Cowley)Frankie "Bones" & Lenny "Dee" - Looney Tunes - Volume OneMisfits - Descending AngelThe Brian Jonestown Massacre - Something ElseAFX - Hangable Auto BulbMF Doom - Operation: DoomsdayEarls BOOOM!!! - Earls BOOOM!!! EditsBlack Sabbath - Planet Caravan / SolitudeScooter - ...And The Beat Goes On!RV800 - SubsyncMichael Jackson - ThrillerBryan Adams - UltimateCOEO - Tonic Edits Vol. 5David Alvarado - The Sun Kiss E.P.Whiplash - Power And PainPeace - EP DeliciousLFO - AdvanceVarious - The Past And Present EPChristian Jay Bolland - Ravesignal IIIMichael Jackson - DangerousScott Henry / Feelgood - Fever (Time To Get Ill Volume 5)Various - Selected: Compiled By Fred PVarious - UntitledLaurent X - It's MagicOcean Wings - Loving In The SnowEyeliner - Buy NowFoo Fighters - Songs From The Laundry RoomLaurence Guy - Saw You For The First TimeAnthrax - AnthemsC.J. Bolland - Ravesignal 2Dick Dickson - In The PocketGescom - Skull Snap EPYally - Dread Risk / U-Eff-OPJ Harvey - Let England ShakeYes - FragileAvril Lavigne - Head Above WaterSupertramp - Crime Of The CenturyMetz / Mission Of Burma - Good, Not Great / Get OffDon Blackman - Don BlackmanMike Oldfield - Tubular BellsVarious - Lost Property Volume 1LTJ X-Perience - I Don't Want This Groove To Ever EndKing Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard - I'm In Your Mind FuzzPharoah Sanders - Summun Bukmun Umyun - Deaf Dumb BlindJoey Negro - Backstreet Brit Funk Vol. 2 (A Collection Of The UK's Finest Underground Soul, Jazz-Funk And Disco) (Part One)Muse - AbsolutionUplifters - Gallas Trap